Friday, July 23, 2010

Our cowboy is growing up

So, the time came - Payson needed a Big Boy Bed. He was so excited and wanted to help Daddy put it together. His nursery theme was Mickey Mouse (I know, shocking), but when asked, Payson felt very strongly that he needed a cowboy big boy bed. Ask and Mommy will deliver.



I went a little crazy with the theme - but I sort of had to. I hit the cowboy jackpot at Hobby Lobby. I found so many great things!





The finished product...


He loves it- he has slept great in his bed every night. My biggest fear was that he would get out of bed, but I think we have trained him pretty well to know that he can climb in his bed, but either Mommy or Daddy have to get him out of bed. Before we would read books together in the rocking chair, now we snuggle together in bed to read books and it is my most favorite part of my day! I love that after reading books Payson always tells me - "You can't go - stay with me Mommy, I will share my pillow with you" Gets me every time!

First morning waking up - Todd and I check on Payson every night before we go to bed, just to clear the 100 toys he sleeps with away from his head. Yes, I am a big sap and cried the first time I saw him sleeping in that bed - wow, times sure flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment