Monday, April 1, 2013

Payson's Big Mountain Ski Adventure

For the ski season of 2012 and 2013 Payson has officially graduated out of ski school. This is not to say he will not be back next year for some lessons, but this year he was ready to conquer the big mountain after his final lesson.

Payson's final lesson was on the chair lift - he loved it!



 A good day of skiing always calls for Hot Cocoa!




 I was thrilled to have him as my ski partner. Daddy played with Dillon for the day and Payson and I headed out for our adventure together. Payson was so excited to go up the big chair lift and I was a little nervous. I told Todd at lunch that I realized that now skiing with Payson makes me really put all of my senses on edge. Not only am I looking around for my skiing, but I am looking around for Payson. Payson blew me away with how great he did. His skiing style is very similar to Todd. He likes to go fast, and I kept having to encourage turning because he just wanted to go fast. We did luck out - the night before our skiing adventure Keystone received 8 inches of fresh snow. Although it was Spring Break, it was very cold and the mountain was not crowded at all. Not knowing how long Payson would want to ski, Todd and Dillon joined us for lunch. When I questioned Payson on going back with Daddy, he said - NO WAY. I want to ski more with you all day! I was so excited. As I mentioned, the weather was really cold, so I did not want to take my gloves off for two many photo opportunities. But, here is a quick video of just how awesome Payson did!
 To celebrate our big day, we ended the day in the ski lodge and shared a huge rice crispy treat and a root beer. What a perfect day to make lifelong memories!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment