Thursday, March 20, 2014

November Happenings

Wow - after the mad rush of birthday celebrations and Halloween we were ready for some quieter weekends in November.  I must of been crazy if I thought that was really going to happen.  Payson has taken an interest in basketball so this month he participated in a basketball clinic every saturday.  He really liked it, and the coaches that lead the clinic could not believe he was only in Kindergarten.  Our rec league does not start basketball for boys until they are in 1st grade, so we will see next year what he decided to do.  The biggest problem is the basketball season runs at the same time as ski season!


We did have some pretty relaxing days that allowed us to just be silly and play.  Payson has enjoyed making a new friend from school - Josh, and we having been rotating wednesday play dates.  This is a great way to break up our week with having friends over.  


Payson's knees are coming through the windshield - too tight to squeeze in there!

Napping with Brewer - this is one spoiled puppy!


Yes - all of these buddies sleep on Dillon's bed!

I had two great things happen in November - the first was meeting a great blogger.  I have enjoyed following the Pioneer Women for years, and her cookbooks are amazing.  She was on a book tour and stopped at the Tattered Cover right by my house.  I HAD NO IDEA how popular she was.  I reserved my spot in line and it still took three hours to meet her.  I spoke to a variety of people that had flown in from out of state to meet her.  She is so nice and her newest cookbook does not disappoint!
The next big and great news for me was the arrival of Clayton Christopher Rich.  My best friend Kirstin and her husband were overjoyed with the adoption of an amazing newborn boy.  I could not wait to get down to Colorado Springs to meet him.  I officially waited 8 days before I showed up on their doorstep with gifts and food galore!  He is a cutie and I love every chance I get to be around him!

Dillon did have his second trip to the dentist and he loved it - he loves everything about the experience.  The staff all gathered around as he giggled through the entire cleaning process.




We had a great Thanksgiving Dinner in Fort Collins with family and ended the Thanksgiving weekend with a trip to the movies with our neighbors to see Frozen.  Great movie - all of us are guilty of walking around and singing "Let It Go..."













No comments:

Post a Comment