Sunday, June 19, 2011

Running - a family event

After I had Payson I found one of the easiest ways to work out was to go on a run. I have never really enjoyed running, but I somehow have stuck to it. I have found that I am starting to enjoy it more and more, and one thing I really like to do is compete in local races. The broken wrist sidelined me for a few months, but I knew I had to get my post baby body into shape so I needed to sign up for something for motivation. I found a great 5k race that was not far from my house (and down the streets from my parents house) that seemed perfect for our whole family. This race was put on by Parents Magazine and their message was that everyone in the family needs to get out and exercise. After my race, there was going to be a Kid's Dash and Payson was very excited to participate. He was even more excited when I first told him we were going to be in a race and he asked what color race car would we get!
Overall the race went well, my time was better then I expected and it was a hilly course, I heard many people complaining about that at the end. Todd, Payson, Dillon and my mom were on hand to cheer me on at the end, and Payson was so excited he ran onto the course and ran the last couple 100 yards with me. There was plenty of food and play things for kids, and Rocky the Nuggets mascot came out to help with the kids race.

Getting our racing numbers...

My favorite running partner.


My favorite cheering squad

Payson giving "nucs" to Rocky

Running so fast

Victory Ribbon!




No comments:

Post a Comment